Following the releases of iOS 10.1 and macOS Sierra 10.12.1, Apple today seeded the public with the official roll out of watchOS 3.1 for the Apple Watch lineup. This comes after three betas of the new software were released to developers for testing purposes, with the most recent rolling out almost two weeks ago.
The release notes for watchOS 3.1 further indicate that no major new features are introduced in this update, however there are a few tweaks and additions worth noting.
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages.
- Messages effect can play with Reduce Motion enabled.
- Fixes an issue that could pause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice. Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging.
- Resoles an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face.
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some-third party apps.
In addition, bug fixes can be found throughout.
To install watchOS 3.1 on your Apple Watch, navigate to the Watch app on your paired iPhone and tap the “My Watch” tab. From there, go to General > Software Update and you should see the updated build ready for download. Be sure to place your iPhone on Wi-Fi while downloading this software as it’ll surely gobble up plenty of your data.
- VIA: 9to5Mac